You can make hope happen for San Bernardino’s children, youth, adults, families, and neighborhoods.
In 2023, support for the Making Hope Happen Foundation, including gala sponsors,
- Sent 128 high school graduates from San Bernardino City Schools to college and connected them with a mentor to help them succeed. Many of these kids were the first in their families to attend college, were homeless or in foster care, and all were low-income
- Taught hundreds of low-income families how to prepare their babies for lifelong learning to level the playing field for kids who often start school behind their more affluent peers
- Supported more than 200 college students with paid mentors to help them with the first two years of college
- Trained more than 450 adults in Youth Mental Health First Aid, (Adult) Mental Health First Aid, and/or QPR Gatekeeper (a suicide prevention modality), giving them the skills they need to help others suffering from a mental health or addiction crisis
- Provided thousands of books through the KITS and Innovation in Education programs for children ages 0-18 in English and/or Spanish
- Through Uplift San Bernardino and its partnerships, families purchased homes, started businesses, received workforce training, landed new jobs and/or engaged with the community in positive ways.
Support of the Making Hope Happen Foundation is support for San Bernardino. Please help us to make hope happen today.
Check out the photos from our 2023 gala!
Photos from Sean Buur and Mystic Lake Photography